Project Type: Commercial
Role: UX Designer + Researcher
Collaborator: Kristina L. Ortega
Project Duration: 1 month
Milkfarm is a neighborhood artisan cheese shop in Eagle Rock, California. It serves a community-based clientele in the very niche industry of fine food products.
Milkfarm: The Very Best is a commercial project made in collaboration with designer Kristina L. Ortega.
We define UX strategy as:
User Needs + Business Goals = UX Strategy
UX strategy produces a game plan, or North Star, for the user/customer experience of a product. It folds UX research, design, and business goals all together for a cohesive and strategic approach towards creating a strong product and service via various platforms and media.
Milkfarm: The Very Best is about utilizing the strengths of UX strategy (typically for large businesses) and harnessing the small business strength of a community. We designed for Milkfarm's community and place people first, thereby aligning our design and UX strategy with business goals— Milkfarm is the neighborhood's cheese shop.
Methods and deliverables include:
- Understanding users via UX research
- Interviews, affinity mapping, surveys, IA maps, personas, user stories
- Competitive analysis and market research
- Cheese landscape analysis
- Cultural landscape analysis
- Website and mobile redesign, UX design and recommendations
- Instagram strategy and recommendations for other social media platforms
- UX Strategy for Milkfarm
- Educational + community programming
- Aligning digital and physical experience
- Market branded products
Thank you: Leah Park Fierro and Marcus Guttenplan.